Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions.
If your question isn’t answered here,
please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Compass Church located, and how do I get there?
Check out our Directions Page.
How can I receive updates about upcoming events at Compass?
1. Subscribe to Compass’s ePoints Bulletin. Subscribe Now
2. Pick up a weekly bulletin each time you attend a weekend service.
3. Regularly browse our website. New information will be posted on our Home Page, Weekly Announcements or individual ministry pages.
4. Check out the Connection Center in the foyer.
5. Call the church office at: 608.755.1450.
What is Communion? Who can participate?
Communion is the symbolic re-enactment of the Lord’s Last Supper in which he predicted and explained the significance of his own crucifixion. It is also a time of reflection. Partakers are given bread to signify Christ’s broken body, and juice to signify his shed blood (I Corinthians 11:26). Membership at Compass Church is not required to participate. We only ask that you recognize the Ordinance of Communion with the commemorative reverence with which it was established by Jesus himself. Compass normally celebrates corporate Communion on the first Sunday of each month.
What about Baby Dedication?
Baby dedication is not an act of salvation; rather, it is a commitment by the parents to raise their child in a godly home as they submit their lives to the Lord. Compass Church considers it a privilege to “dedicate” or present children to the Lord, according to the Old Testament example (I Samuel 1:27-28), and as expressed in the life of Jesus (Luke 2:22-35). For more information about baby dedications, Click Here.
What about baptism?
Water baptism has been a Christian initiation ritual since the coming of the New Covenant 2000 years ago. It was founded by John the Baptist, affirmed by Christ’s own baptism (Matthew 3) and commanded by Jesus when he gave the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
It is a practice, rich with significance and meaning. Baptism represents the cleansing that comes when we put our faith in Christ. In addition, it outwardly portrays the transformation process that takes place within us, when we come to faith in Christ. Following Jesus involves dying to the life of sin and rising to new life in Christ. Baptism paints a visual picture of this inner process.
If you would like more information about water baptism at Compass Church, Click Here.
What is Compass’s wedding policy?
We believe that marriage is a holy covenant ordained by God between one man and one woman (Genesis 1:27; 2:18, Mt. 19:4), for procreation (be fruitful and multiply) and illustration of the relationship Christ has with the Church (Ephesians 5:23). Therefore, wedding plans should reflect the sacredness of that covenant.
Facility use is limited and preference is given to Compass members. If you’re interested in having your wedding at Compass, Click Here.
What is Compass’s view about women in leadership?
Currently, Compass has no women elders. But we believe women are equally, spiritually gifted individuals. We have women in many leadership roles in the church. The Free Methodist Church does ordain.
How can I become a member?
1. Attend Compass’s Church Membership class
2. Become baptized in water (at Compass or another church)
3. Call the church office to schedule an interview with the Pastor
4. After the interview, you will be put on a new member list and called to be presented to the congregation on a designated weekend. At that time, you will become an official voting member!
What is the best way to make friends and connect with others at Compass?
1. Attend one of our many Small Groups or Ministries. It won’t take long to make friends. Mens, Women’s, Children’s, and Youth are all great places to get connected.
2. Stop by the Connection Center; located in the Foyer. You can ask questions and receive valuable materials about opportunities for you and your family. The center is open before and after service.
3. Attend a Newcomer’s Lunch: These are offered at the end of the quarter after service. You will hear a brief overview of the church, meet some of the staff and explore opportunities to get connected. Plus, you’ll get free food!
4. Volunteer for a Ministry: Please see our serving opportunities page for ways to help you get involved!
How can I submit a prayer request?
Click Here to submit your prayer request.
How can I inquire about renting your facility?
Click Here to fill out our application form for rental.