He went down with them and stood on a level place. A large crowd of his disciples was there, and a great number of people…had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases.” (Luke 6:17-19)
Jesus never lost sight of his Father’s vision–to reach needy and lost people in the world. After connecting with The Father, and drawing close to a small group, together they shared the Kingdom of God with those OUTside. Jesus didn’t wait for people to come to him. He, and his disciples, went to them. They connected outwardly with people at their point of need. At Compass, we’re beginning to do the same.
– We regularly support the G.I.F.T.S. Men’s
– We collect coats for kids.
– We support missions.
However, we actively reach out to our community in other personal and tangible ways. All our small groups contain an outward component.
– We regularly pray for those in need and actively go to them.
– We train small group participants to connect with those who are disconencted with Jesus.
– We march in the Labor Fest Parade, inviting thousands of Janesville residents to our free Back to Church Breakfast
– We sponsor NFL’s “Football Sunday” on the day of the Superbowl, inviting Janesville to hear testimonies of Christian athletes from NFL football teams.
Going OUT is one of the most thrilling experiences you’ll ever know, as a follower of Christ.