Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If your question isn’t answered here, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Compass Church located, and how do I get there?
Check out our directions page.
How can I receive updates about upcoming events at Compass?
1. Subscribe to Compass's enews. Subscribe now
2. Pick up a weekly bulletin each time you attend a weekend service.
3. Regularly browse our website. New information will be posted on our Home Page, the Weekly Bulletin or individual ministry pages.
4. Check out the Connection Center in the foyer.
5. Call the church office at: 608.755.1450.
What is Communion? Who can participate?
Communion is the symbolic re-enactment of the Lord’s Last Supper in which he predicted and explained the significance of his own crucifixion. It is also a time of reflection. Partakers are given bread to signify Christ’s broken body, and juice to signify his shed blood (I Corinthians 11:26). Membership at Compass Church is not required to participate. We only ask that you recognize the Ordinance of Communion with the commemorative reverence with which it was established by Jesus himself. Compass normally celebrates corporate Communion on the first Sunday of each month.
What about Baby Dedication?
Baby dedication is not an act of salvation; rather, it is a commitment by the parents to raise their child in a godly home as they submit their lives to the Lord. Compass Church considers it a privilege to "dedicate" or present children to the Lord, according to the Old Testament example (I Samuel 1:27-28), and as expressed in the life of Jesus (Luke 2:22-35).
For more information about baby dedications, Click Here.
What about baptism?
Water Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change. The practice of Water Baptism is a public testimony to signify the death of a person’s sinful nature and the new birth that they have experienced in Christ. It is an important event that proclaims the transforming power of the Gospel. Compass encourages obedience to the Lord’s command through Water Baptism by immersion after receiving forgiveness for sin (Christ’s gift of salvation). Baptism can be done in the Rock River or in the church baptistery.
If you are a believer and have not yet been baptized in water, pick up a Baptism Brochure at the Connection Center or Click Here.
How do I get tickets for upcoming concerts?
Tickets can be purchased by going to the Concert tab and selecting the Upcoming Shows tab. You will find all of our upcoming shows listed with individual tabs to purchase tickets.
What is Compass's wedding policy?
We believe that marriage is a holy covenant ordained by God between one man and one woman (Genesis 1:27; 2:18, Mt. 19:4), for procreation (be fruitful and multiply) and illustration of the relationship Christ has with the Church (Ephesians 5:23). Therefore, wedding plans should reflect the sacredness of that covenant. Facility use is limited and preference is given to Compass members. If you're interested in having your wedding at Compass, Click Here.
What is Compass’s view about women in leadership?
Currently, Compass has no women elders. But we believe women are equally, spiritually gifted individuals. We have women in many leadership roles in the church. The Free Methodist Church does ordain.
How can I become a member?
1. Attend Compass's Church Membership class
2. Become baptized in water (at Compass or another church)
3. Call the church office to schedule an interview with the Pastor
4. After the interview, you will be put on a new member list and called to be presented to the congregation on a designated weekend. At that time, you will become an official voting member!
What is the best way to make friends and connect with others at Compass?
1. Attend one of our many fellowship activities. It won't take long to make friends. Mens, Women's, Children's, and youth are all great places to get connected.
2. Stop by the Connection Center; located in the Foyer. You can ask questions and receive valuable materials about opportunities for you and your family. The center is open before and after service.
3. Attend a Newcomer's Lunch: These are offered at the end of the quarter after service. You will hear a brief overview of the church, meet some of the staff and explore opportunities to get connected. Plus, you'll get free food!
4. Volunteer for a Ministry: Please see our serving opportunities page for ways to help you get involved!