IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PASTOR SCOTT
I’m thrilled to announce that Compass Church is opening its doors for worship Sunday, May 31st! Service begins at 10:00 a.m. But come a little early if you’d like to get a cup of coffee and some warm fellowship. We’ll be here.
So, let me share some important information with you as you consider coming Back To Church!
• If you’re feeling ill or been exposed to Covid-19, or in one of the at-risk groups, please stay at home ‘til you’re feeling up to it. We will be live-streaming our service on our youtube channel AND Facebook. Please feel free to take all the time you need to feel comfortable, before returning to the building. We may be separated by distance, but we’re together in heart.
• If you do come…Come prepared to celebrate! God has been good to us. No one from our church became ill with Covid-19. And our Emmanuel, God’s been with us throughout this entire time. So, let’s come prepared to give him thanks and praise.
• As we gather, we will be encouraging social distancing guidelines to help keep us safe as we worship. No hugs or handshakes yet—smiles are the new hugs and waves are the new handshakes.
• The furnishings in the Lobby will be arranged to encourage social distancing and keep fellowship time in our spacious auditorium.
• You’ll find hand sanitizer readily available throughout the building.
• We won’t be passing the offering baskets, instead we’re encouraging you to use the new giving box in the auditorium or the one located next to the Connection Desk.
• We will not be providing Children’s Church or Nursery our first week back in the building. We’re asking parents to keep kids with them. We’ll be providing “busy bags” and shortening our service a bit, to help young families in this regard.
We’ll also be restarting all our ministries. Celebrate Recovery will begin meeting Thursday, June 4th at 6:30pm—where we’ll be hearing from CR Sponsor Rick Warren a bible message that’s perfect for all of us coming out of quarantine—faith that works in troubled times. Small groups will kick off beginning in June.
I’m excited to be BACK TO CHURCH! I know you are too. But we understand that not everyone will be comfortable returning at this time. That’s ok. We respect that and we look forward to seeing you soon.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call. We’re happy to help out in any way.
JOIN US LIVE at 10AM or just want to hear Sunday’s Sermon again? CLICK LINK BELOW for the Sunday Sermons.
Compass Church’s events, announcments, prayer requests, and thanks. Click link below for this week’s announcements.Weekly Announcements
Getting connected is easy at Compass Church. Click link below for our ministry opportunities.Ministries
CHILDREN & YOUTH MINISTRIES
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1Timothy 4:12 NIV
A few things we’re great at
Our Spiritual Commitment
We look to God first through prayer and His word. Looking to God first means we are living the life God meant us to live.
As members of Compass we worship, pray, and work together in community.
We at Compass want to show all of Janesville back to God. Welcoming visitors to come as they are and grow spiritually in our Christ based community.
Compass has many ways for you to get involved so you feel like you are a part of our faith based community.
4224 Whilden Court, Janesville, WI 53546